Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A great way to start a busy day!

When I was young my parents often feed me oatmeal in the morning before school. I still remeber how much I loved Maple and Brown sugar flavour. Still, to this day I do enjoy starting my day with a warm meal. Oatmeal is especially great for a preworkout meal, if you are doing a morning run, swim, lift etc. It is quick, easy and very filling, which is very important because getting hungry during a workout is never fun. Even if you are not going for a workout, it is good before a morning of dragged on classes or long day at work. I tried this recipe recently and it was quit tastey. Try it too!
Ingredients: 2 1/4cups of water
1 cup of regular oats
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 tsp of brown sugar or honey
1/2 cup of raisins
1/4 cup of chopped walnuts
milk to preference

No comments:

Post a Comment