Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Another set back

So the past few weeks I have been getting a run outside in everyother day, and it was feeling fantastic to begin to feel that passion burning inside again. But of course, more pain had to occur...due to running awkwardly, I formed a bit of tendinitis on the outer bone of the side of my foot, so I am back cross training. Cross training, for anyone intersested, is pretty much any type of exercise that is not running. For example, I have become a huge fan of the deep end of the St. Dennis pool. It is like treading water but a bit more complicated, you are basically going through the running motion under water, and there is NO PAIN! well not on your muscles, but it sure gets tiring on the lungs after 40 minutes; it works up a sweat and I look pretty damn sweet too haha. Another handy machine is the elyptical, it is a great way to stay in shape while healing, especially for my ankle/foot because there is no pounding. Now that it is freezing and icy outside, I have found peace with turning to these facilities indoors. As I was told by my body, I need to slow things down and allow for the proper healing. In the mean time I will stay positive and make the most out of what I can do.

"Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead."

2 comments:

  1. yah those elypticals are fantastic! too bad they were all taken up last time I was at the gym :( we need some new weights and mats there too! and thanks now I know what cross training means.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you on the elyptical sometimes at the gym (at least I think it's you!) Anyway I give you props for continuing to work on something that you love so much even though it's sometimes painful. Keep up the good work, Lindsay! And thanks for the tip about the pool!

    ReplyDelete