Sunday, February 8, 2009

And the sun is shining...


I just got back from my first decent workout of running!! It was such a beutiful day out, I thought it was time to give the old ankle a try out agian...and it was quite successful. I had it taped up but felt no pain at all, which is really good news. My body felt great, and the nice breeze, with the sun shining down was wonderful. I also got on the track and did some drills and excellerations, which is when you start slow and speed up as you move until you are in full stride, moving pretty fast. Everything felt great and I feel renewed...even with only having four hours of sleep. Post run I finished with some core exercises which is very important and useful for runners. http://www.buzzle.com/articles/core-exercises-core-strengthening-exercises.html This site has a few good exercises for anyone who is interested. They are fairly easy exercises and some can be very relaxing and extremely good for your body. If you have back pain frequently, strengthing your core can help reduce that pain a lot. For runners, strengthening these muscles not only helps reduce back pain but help with out running form very much. But I would recommend these to everyone, you can actually feel a change in your body after a few weeks of doing these.

No comments:

Post a Comment